The Adelaide 2 Hour Races
The Adelaide 2 Hour Races are a relay race for teams and have a Le Mans start where riders have to sprint across the track to get to their waiting bikes. Over the next 2 hours, teams will complete up to 260 Kms of the circuit only stopping to change riders. The race is also contested by Solo riders where the amount of time spent in pit lane can decide the winner of that category.
Once considered a reliability test for bikes, distance racing is now more a test of the riders endurance to stay focused and maintain lap times. In 2022 the race was changed from 3 Hours to 2 x 2 Hours, the first for lightweight bikes (<400cc) and the second for larger bikes (>400cc).
The 2 Hour race are on Sunday with practice sessions and support events in the morning.
Saturday is a full day of racing for all the usual Classes and most 2 Hour riders will compete as part of their preparation.
We thank the following companies for their support of this event.
The 2 Hour Rules:
- The race is open to 4 stroke motorcycles:
- Heavyweight Race
– from 400cc up to 1200cc for 2 or 3 cylinder engines
– from 400cc up to 1000cc for 4 cylinder engines
- Lightweight Race
– up to 400cc engines
- Heavyweight Race
- Teams can enter up to 2 riders and up to 2 bikes
- A rider can use any bike entered in their team.
- Teams can only send out one rider at a time.
- Riders and/or bikes must swap over in Pit Lane.
- There are no minimum or maximum laps a rider must complete.
- Bikes can only refuel in Pit Lane if they are using non-spill jugs. Otherwise, they must refuel in the paddock area.
2 Hour Heavyweight Results
|2022||M Kemp, B Raethel||The Bend East||67|
2 Hour Lightweight Results
|2022||S Pezzetta, C Rende||The Bend East||65|
Mallala 3 Hour Results
|2021||D Falzon, L Wilkinson||149|
|2019||W Strugnell, Brad Miller||147|
|2018||G Snaith, K Grosser||148|
|2017||D Falzon, L Wilkinson||154|
|2016||D Falzon, L Wilkinson||151|
|2015||E Byles, D Johnson||146|
|2014||E Byles, D Johnson||149|
|2013||D Falzon, L Wilkinson||149|
|2012||S Defrancesco, J Arnold||140|
|2011||A Christie, I Andrews, C Hern||147|
|As well as receiving individual trophies in each category, the outright 1st team will also have their names engraved on the Auldana Foundations Perpetual Trophy.|
Click on these links to see the full results for previous years: 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2021 2022 2022lw
Click on posters from previous years to see them in full screen.
The Phoenix Motorcycle Club of South Australia Supersport